Join us for our culinary tour in Puglia where we showcase the best parts of this beautiful region — traditional artisan foods and cheeses, distinctive grape varieties and oil from ancient olive groves. Including a cooking class in Puglia and specially designed to completely immerse you in the culture, lifestyle and traditions of the people, our food and wine tour in Puglia will give you an unforgettable, delicious “taste” of Italy like no other.
Referred to as the “heel” of the “boot” of Italy, Puglia is a magical region with spectacular landscapes and a treasure-trove of culinary traditions. White washed hilltop villages dot a countryside that boasts stunning coastlines, from the golden sands of the Ionian Sea to the rocky shoreline of the Adriatic (each with amazing azure colored water).
The cuisine of this Salento peninsula is known as cucina povera. With focus on grains, a variety of vegetables, local olive oil, meats and seafood, its foods and wines reveal a diverse culture. Our in-depth learning will include visits with local artisans and winemakers, a cooking class emphasizing specialties of the region, guided historic tours of some of the ancient cities here and delicious meals of the region.
Join us for a memorable week — a food and wine vacation in Puglia!
Highlights for Puglia Culinary Tour:
- 8 days/7 nights luxury accommodations: 4 nights in a Masseria near Monopoli and 3 nights in Gallipoli
- All meals: breakfasts each morning, lunches and dinners paired with local wines
- 2 winery visits with wine tastings
- Visit to cheese producer making burrata, mozzarella and caciocavallo with tasting
- Cooking class to learn traditional Apulian foods
- Visit to an olive oil mill
- Transportation to all our excursions during the week.
- Guided walking tours of Bari and Lecce with visits to some of the Val d’Itria white villages
- Pick up/drop off at Bari airport or train station at specified time
2020 Tour Dates
- October 4 – 11, 2020
Reserve your place now in our culinary tours! Need more information? Contact Mary@eccolacucina.com
Read our reviews on Trip Advisor!