Our in-depth learning experience will include the fine wines and culinary delights that make this region so famous. We’ll learn about – and taste – the famous wines of Barolo, Nebbiolo, Barbaresco and Dolcetto by touring the vineyards, meeting the wine makers and learning the nuances of the grapes grown and harvested there for hundreds of years. The cuisine of the region perfectly pairs with its wine and is rich in tradition with influences from the neighboring countries of France and Switzerland. White truffles, excellent cheeses, succulent meats, stuffed pastas, hazelnuts and chocolate are some of the gastronomic delights from this region.
Included during the week we’ll visit historical towns – Alba for its truffles, Barolo and Barbaresco for its wines and Turin for its stunning Baroque architecture, chocolate, historical cafes and markets. Your education of this region will include a visit to an artisan cheese maker, a chocolate tour and visit to a hazelnut farm. We love to visit the local markets and will fit them during our week!
Our group will be staying at a lovely winery estate just outside of Alba where they produce Nebbiolo d’Alba. The villa is a historical home overlooking the town of Alba and has comfortable, well furnished rooms. Each double occupancy sleeping room has its own private bathroom. There are several living spaces to relax and soak in the beauty of the countryside and views of the town with its bell towers and rooftops.
Highlights of our Week
- Wine education and tastings of the major wine regions of Piedmont including Barolo, Barbaresco, Dolcetto
- Hands on cooking class followed by lunch paired with regional wines
- Artisan food tours – cheese tour to learn the region’s specialties, a hazelnut farm and a chocolate tour
- Guided walking tour of Turin
- Visits to area hill top towns for markets and specialties
- Breakfast each morning
- All lunches and dinners including unlimited local wines
- Our tours are small groups between 12 and 14 like minded people and are all inclusive – tours, classes, tastings, meals, transportation to our scheduled excursions – everything!
2021 Tour Dates
- June 6-13, 2021
- June 14-21, 2021
Read our reviews on Trip Advisor!