Naples and Campania culinary tour
One of our favorite places in Italy is the beautiful Campania region with its culinary treasures. The freshest of seafood, just-made buffalo milk mozzarella, exquisite authentic pizza, lovely wines from the slopes of Mt Vesuvius, local San Marzano tomatoes, and
traditional semolina pasta from original pasta towns; all have an allure that continues to bring us back again and again.
Come with us to discover this historic region by immersing yourself in its food, wines and culture. Our visits to artisan food producers will highlight the fresh, seasonal foods made in traditional ways. During the week we’ll get to know some of Gina’s friends and see how real southern Italians continue to live close to the land and their traditions.
The people of the area are gregarious, open and friendly; the food rich, fresh and seasonal; the views of sea, sky, islands and volcano spectacular. We’ll meet and cook with locals, talk to food producers and eat well in a relaxing atmosphere. In addition to cooking classes and winery tours & tastings, our excursions will include Greek temples, ancient ruins, beautiful hand painted ceramics and of course Naples, an overlooked cultural gem!
- 7 nights accommodations at two beautiful hotels in the region – one in Castellammare di Stabia south of Naples (5 nights) and the other a former palace in Naples (2 nights)
- Wine tour day on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius
- Two cooking classes – one highlighting regional Campanian specialties and the second a pizza cooking lesson and dinner with local pizziaolo (pizza expert)
- Visit to a water buffalo farm to see mozzarella di buffala being made
- Tour to Gragnano pasta factory (with its handrolled foot-long fusilli, photo above)
and museum pasta factory
- Visit to ancient Greek temples and the lost city of Pompeii
- Guided tour of Naples and National Archeological museum
- Visit to through Spaccanapoli, the heart and soul of Naples with its narrow streets, interesting stores, cafes and markets
- Pizza night in Naples, the birthplace of pizza
- Explore the cities best pastries from sfogliatelle to BABAs and visit the famous Friday food market in Naples
- Visit to small village renowned for its hand painted ceramics
- Breakfast, most lunches and dinners are included in this tour.