From the exclusive visits to renowned wineries in the famous Tuscany wine regions Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino to Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, you will gain an appreciation for The Grape of Tuscany – sangiovese – and become well-versed in these wines. The hands-on cooking classes of traditional local cuisine are taught by Chef Gina. She shares amusing culinary anecdotes as only someone who lived and worked in Tuscany for more than 15 years can. You’ll spend two mornings and one evening hearing some of the rich history of Tuscan cuisine, known as cucina povera, and learning to make authentic dishes. The meal you’ve prepared will be enjoyed afterwards and paired perfectly with local wines.
Our excursions into the surrounding countryside and ancient hill top towns like Montepulciano, Siena, San Gimignano will focus on the local markets, specialties of the area like pecorino cheeses, salume, wines and olive oil. We’ll visit the artisan producers and learn their story of what makes their products special. Depending on the season we will visit a saffron farm, go on a truffle hunt for the famous white truffle or visit an olive press – all of these day trips remain flexible to take advantage of seasonal activities and so best expose you to all the best Tuscany has to offer. Our guided visits open your eyes to these beautiful medieval towns, their traditions and cuisine.
Your luxury villa for the week will be on a beautiful olive estate landscaped with gardens of lavender, herbs and flowers, as well as olive groves and cypress lined lanes perfect for walks in the early morning or evening hours. The private accommodations are provided in a carefully restored 17th Century villa and farmhouse. Many of the original Tuscan architectural features have been maintained with chestnut beamed ceilings, terracotta tiled floors and open fireplaces. Use of the original wood-burning bread oven and grills, dining outdoors and an infinity edge swimming pool are all a part of our lovely surroundings.
Imagine yourself relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the Italian countryside with all its splendors of food, wine, history and culture! You’ll enjoy living like a local and letting us handle all the details.
Highlights of our week
- Wine education and tastings of the major wine regions of Tuscany
- Two hands-on cooking sessions followed by lunch or dinner paired with regional wines
- Breakfast each morning prepared for you
- All lunches and dinners including unlimited local wines
- Artisan food tours learning the gems of Tuscany cuisine
- Guided walking tour of Siena
- Visits to area hill top towns that can include depending on the season – Montalcino, Montepulciano, San Gimignano or Pienza and others as time permit
- Our small group tours of 10-14 people are all inclusive – tours, classes, tastings, meals, transportation to our scheduled excursions – everything
2021 Tour Dates
- May 29 – June 5, 2021
- October 16-23, 2021
- October 23-30, 2021
- October 30 – November 6, 2021
“This was the best culinary week I have ever been on – and I’ve done others in Italy and in France. Gina’s insider’s view gave us information not only on the food but of the culture and history of the Tuscans.”
Read our reviews on Trip Advisor!