The finest pastas are made in and around Bologna from tortellini to lasagna. The fresh pasta is rolled by hand and it is an amazing sight to see. The historical city of Bologna, often overlooked on the tourist track, is a cultural gem and we’ll visit the ancient food market along with other sights. A true highlight of our stop in Bologna is to visit the factories making Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamic vinegar and Prosciutto di Modena. After our fill of these delicious products we move on to our villa in Tuscany and explore the renowned wines of Chianti Classico and Brunello di Montacino along with the specialties of the region – wild boar and porchetta. During the fall we’ll go mushroom hunting and also fit in a truffle hunt which is always a lot of fun!
Our accommodations for this tour are first at a beautiful, quaint 4 star Bologna hotel (3 nights). It’s perfectly located to walk the city center and its markets. For Tuscany and then stay on an olive farm just outside of Siena. The estate is a perfect location to relax with its cypress lined lanes and stunning vistas. The villa is a beautifully renovated house with several living and dining areas. Each bedroom has its own private bathroom. We will be at the villa for 4 nights.
Highlights of our week:
- Seven nights accommodation in Bologna (3 nights) and Tuscan villa (4 nights)
- Visits to Parmigiano cheese making facility, Prosciutto di Parma or Modena and Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale.
- Two cooking classes – one highlighting regional Emilia Romagna pasta and ragu specialties and the second featuring Tuscan cuisine.
- Visits to area cities and towns including Bologna, Siena and Montepulciano
- Wine tour day in southern Tuscany
- Visit to small artisan food producers of local meats and cheeses in Tuscany
- Transportation to all scheduled events and transfer from Emilia Romagna to Tuscany villa
- Breakfast, all lunches and dinners are included
*This tour is not scheduled for 2020, please contact Mary for availability in 2021 or if you already have a formed group of 10,